Permissions

s448vpts448vpt Member Posts: 20
Error message received while editing an Item Card, No. ‘You do not have permission to read the Sales Cr. Memo Line Table’ This user has many roles setup that use Table 115 - Sales Cr.Memo Line. All Read Permissions are set to yes. Any suggestions on how to fix this error message. PS – It is not the license file as my super user can change the Item No.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    What security model are you on? Your permissions may need to be synchronized.
  • s448vpts448vpt Member Posts: 20
    Can you tell me how to find out what security model I’m in and how to synchronize the permissions?
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    It is only valid if you are on SQL and have NAV 4.03 or higher.

You can check it as follows (if you have the permissions): File=>Database=>Alter=> tab advanced : field Security - Model is probably Enhanced.
    If this is the case, go to Tools=>Security=>Synchronize all logins. But again, you need the permissions to do that and it will take some time before all is finished and during that time almost all will be blocked.

To avoid the problem completely, the security model is best put to standard.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Thank you for the post replys: In this case they are not on SQL and are on version NAV5.01
    Here is my original request:
    Error message received while editing an Item Card, No. ‘You do not have permission to read the Sales Cr. Memo Line Table’ This user has many roles setup that use Table 115 - Sales Cr.Memo Line. All Read Permissions are set to yes. Any suggestions on how to fix this error message. PS – It is not the license file as my super user can change the Item No.
    Are you SURE they have those roles assigned? Absolutely positive they are logging in with the correct id? i.e. not someone else.
    Hello,

Yes I'm SURE they have those roles assigned?
    and I'm absolutely positive they are logging in with the correct id? i.e. not someone else.
    any other ideas? Thanks for the help in advance.
    I only ask because I helped another poster once who was positive that a user shouldn't be able to access a table. He posted the roles assigned and sure enough, there was the table.

Try deleting and readding the user.

Permissions assigned to the windows login or an AD group? Or is it a database user?

If it's an AD group you might have replication issues, but you don't often see that.