Deposits with one total to bank ledger

KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
We are trying to use the deposit form to post out deposits. It works great except for one minor issue, on the Cash Receipt Journal you can post each deposit and the applications, but then use a separate line for total receipt to the bank. This makes bank reconciliations much easier. With deposits, it works like having a balance account for each line on the CR Journal. Is there any way to set this up? The header has all the info needed. NAV 5.0, U.S.
Thanks,
Karen Eve

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    The standard Deposits screen only creates 1 bank ledger entry per deposit batch.
  • KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    Thanks Alex. I found the documentation and this is true as long as you don't have 'Force Doc. Balance' checked on the Journal Template. The client had it checked, resulting in multiple bank ledger posts per deposit. What I am trying to understand now is how to reverse the application of a check if it bounces. There is documentation, but I need to actually read it (vs. skim), then maybe it will work. So far, nothing. Perhaps another setup.
    Karen Eve
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    KWevick wrote:
    Thanks Alex. I found the documentation and this is true as long as you don't have 'Force Doc. Balance' checked on the Journal Template. The client had it checked, resulting in multiple bank ledger posts per deposit. What I am trying to understand now is how to reverse the application of a check if it bounces. There is documentation, but I need to actually read it (vs. skim), then maybe it will work. So far, nothing. Perhaps another setup.
    Karen Eve
    your over thinking it, a bounced check should not be reversed. it should be posted as it own entry. you can do it on the cash receipt journal. A bounced check is a separate transaction,
  • KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    Thanks for all the info. There is an 'unapply' function that was introduced with release 4.0, which also does a reversal. I haven't used it yet, so I don't know all the ramifications. I've spent most of time with NAV focused on manufacturing and distribution, but am starting to support the finance area more and more. Therefore, I'm going through a little learning curve. Thanks.