Inserting extended lines...

Manish_AhlawatManish_Ahlawat Member Posts: 31
When we make a purch./sales order we can insert the extended lines for an item..

What I want to ask is how to insert it automatically....
Rule from today: Never take others comment in a wrong way, these might help you to travel a long way in your carrier.

Answers

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    for extended lines, do you mean extended text (the menu item you find in item card)?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Manish_AhlawatManish_Ahlawat Member Posts: 31
    Belias wrote:
    for extended lines, do you mean extended text (the menu item you find in item card)?

Yes, exactly that....
    Rule from today: Never take others comment in a wrong way, these might help you to travel a long way in your carrier.
    take a look at what standard functionality does: follow the code and call the right functions.
    entry point: sales order -> functions ->insert ext. texts
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    take a look at what standard functionality does: follow the code and call the right functions.
    entry point: sales order -> functions ->insert ext. texts

Using Extended Texts(From Help menu...)

After you have set up extended texts, you can choose on which of your sales and purchase documents you want the extended text inserted and whether or not you want the extended text copied every time you enter the item number on a sales or purchase line.

-To Use Extended Texts:
    -Open the Item Card window and browse to an item.
    -Click Item, Extended Texts. The Extended Text window appears with additional lines of text.
    -Open the Sales Quote window.
    -Create a quote for a customer of your choice.
    -Click the AssistButton in the Type field on the first sales line and select Item.
    -In the No. field, enter a number. The Description field is filled in with information from the -relevant item card.
    -Click Functions, Insert Ext. Texts.

The additional lines of text will be inserted on the subsequent sales lines.

Doesn't it mean that we can do this without coding..i.e even the client can do this by himself.

Even if we call the functions wouldn't they would be item specific..
    yes, and what's the problem?insert your line and insert your extended texts relatively to that line...
    what do you really want to do?/can you post your code?
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    yes, and what's the problem?insert your line and insert your extended texts relatively to that line...
    what do you really want to do?/can you post your code?

I want the extented text lines to be automatically inserted upon choosing the item...

I think I understood what you are trying to explain...

1. to just insert extended text lines I can do it from functions -> insert extd. lines.
    2. If I want to insert it automatically then I have to code for that..
    as i said, just see what function is run under the menu item, copy the name of the function and run it under the onvalidate trigger of the "no." in sales lines table...functions are made to be called from different places, then try to do it! :mrgreen:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    as i said, just see what function is run under the menu item, copy the name of the function and run it under the onvalidate trigger of the "no." in sales lines table...functions are made to be called from different places, then try to do it! :mrgreen:

Thanks...