Search,filter not working for a field

idontknowidontknow Member Posts: 66
I have added a new field to posted purchases invoice table and assigned values from other tables.But the filter to search particular value is not working and not even the normal search using (ctrl + F).

How can i add the search features for that field?

Answers

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    search is built-in, and you should always be able to do it...describe your field (is it really a field or a variable?)
    also describe what string are you searching for and what do you mean with "is not working" :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • idontknowidontknow Member Posts: 66
    Belias wrote:
    search is built-in, and you should always be able to do it...describe your field (is it really a field or a variable?)
    also describe what string are you searching for and what do you mean with "is not working" :wink:

It is a field.It is Vendor shipment no field with type as Code.

Now if i trying to filter out some shipment no,the result is blank form.
    If i use (Ctrl + F) to find some shipment no,the result is "not found".but the shipment no is very much available.

Any suggestions?
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    does the "case" (uppercase,lowercase) matches between field value and searched value?
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • idontknowidontknow Member Posts: 66
    Belias wrote:
    does the "case" (uppercase,lowercase) matches between field value and searched value?

yes...that will be the case only when i am using ctrl + F...but the problem exists even when i filter the things...