Options

NavisionPage in Web browser

SHIV_DYNSHIV_DYN Member Posts: 30
edited 2010-01-30 in NAV Three Tier
Hi every one,
I am using Navision 2009 RTC. I want to know whether I can view my Navision Page in a web browser. If possible, please help me out by explaining the possible ways.
I will be waiting for your valuable replies.
Thanks & Regards,
Shiv

Comments

• Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    you can't see a nav 3-tier pag in a web browser, the UI have to be programmed...but you can take advance of webservices (don't ask me how, i am not a web developer :whistle: )
    *search webservice in this section of the forum to know how to publish a nav page/codeunit as a webservice (really simple, if you ask me)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    SHIV_DYNSHIV_DYN Member Posts: 30
    Thanks for your reply,
    I have experience on Navision Web service. I heard that, using with Third party services (like share point…) we can directly see/Interact our Navision Page in Web browser. Is it possible? :-k
    Thanks & Regards,
    Shiv
  • Options
    BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    Belias wrote:
    you can't see a nav 3-tier pag in a web browser, the UI have to be programmed...
    to be more specific, the sharepoint client for dynamics nav has not been implemented yet, it WILL, probably in SP2.
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • Options
    Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Tried Employee Portal?
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    SHIV_DYN wrote:
    Hi every one,
    I am using Navision 2009 RTC. I want to know whether I can view my Navision Page in a web browser. If possible, please help me out by explaining the possible ways.
    I will be waiting for your valuable replies.

Take look at the features in Citrix server (its called xenapp now) you can easily embed any windows program so from the user point of view it looks like it is running in a browser.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    shekharvidhushekharvidhu Member Posts: 1
    HI David, I also have a similar requirement of making the Purahse Requisition screen available on web.The client wants to use DCO-Dynamics Client Office- license for the same.

The idea is to prevent the usage of NAV cvoncurent license for these users.How can we do the same.Does it require .net expertise.
    How much time this should take normally.
    As asked above also can we also host it through Sharepoint as sombody has indiacted till now it is not available and suppose dto come in SP2.

Regards,
    Vidhu.