Getting the Report Caption

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Dear All,

I need to dynamically retrieve the report name; is this possible?

Best Regards,

Steve

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    You can use CurrReport.OBJECTID (But by Saving the report not running CTRL-R while editing) or you can use System table 2000000058 AllObjWithCaption. :whistle:
  • sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
    HI,

Thank for your reply but I need the report caption not the id and need to choose form the caption ml rather than the report caption. Is that possible?
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I thought there was a field in either CurrReport or REPORT. Hit F5 in the code and take a look at the options available. I would look but don't have access to NAV right now.
    I have just checked out but didn't find. The object id would return the caption but the caption returned depends on the coduenit language whilst I'd like to get a geman caption but using a navision English version.
    The other way which is working so far is the using the table AllObjwithcaption but I have to set the globallangauge as german (in my case) so as to get the German Caption. THis table is better than the objectid as the latter the resutl is provided as Report xxxx; where xxxx represent the caption itself.