SID - Account ID

sandy_bsilsandy_bsil Member Posts: 40
Hi All,

I am upgrading one of our client DB from NAV 4.00 SQL Server 2005 to NAV 2009 SP1 SQL Server 2008 64 bit.
I am following the steps given for upgrading as per Upgrade Toolkit.

But after converting the NAV 4.00 DB which has been restored on SQL 2008 64 bit through SQL 2005 backup, the SID - Account ID table has a field ID type Text of 63. Where as in NAV 2009 base its 130.

Due to which, during import of merged NAV 2009 objects, I am getting an error saying

"The Field property must be '65'
Property: Datalength
Field : ID
Table: Windows Login

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sandeep
Sandeep B

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Have you changed this table before? If no, why you are merging it? Just use the original one from the target version... ;-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • sandy_bsilsandy_bsil Member Posts: 40
    Hi Kine,

I have NOT changed the table.
    I am importing the NAV 2009 objects with customization.

I converted,
    1. NAV 4.00 BASE DB on SQL 2005.
    2. customer Test DB 4.00 [size 200GB]on SQL 2008.

I found that the virtual table 2000000055 "SID - Account ID" in NAV 4.00 Base has 2 fields,
    1. SID - Text 118
    2. ID - Text - 63.

When the database is converted into NAV 2009 SP1,
    1. On SQL 2005, its getting changed as per NAV 2009 SP1 BASE i.e.
    a. SID - Text - 118
    b. ID - Text 130
    2. On SQL 2008, its NOT getting changed.

And the same in happening to Windows Login table also, where the ID's field length is not getting changed. Due to this while importing the NAV 2009 SP1 BASE Windows Login table into the converted NAV 4.00 BASE DB I am getting the error.
    Sandeep B
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It means that this problems happend when doing "technical" upgrade of v4.0 db to 2009 version? Have you same rights on both SQL servers? Are you using same NAV version when doing the conversion on SQL2005 and 2008 (same NAV build)?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • integratedintegrated Member Posts: 22
    i encountered the same problem when restoring the LS Retail 6.0 fbk.
    i think the reason may be related to the wrong windows ID/SID mapping.
    my computer was registered in my domain as A, which was updated to B days later.
    at least to my Office07 the system still recognizes me as A.
    any chance that nav crashed due to a mismatch between nav's windowsID/SID mapping and windows user setting?

still investigating.. :?:
  • gaspodegaspode Member Posts: 19
    sandy_bsil wrote:
    Hi All,

I am upgrading one of our client DB from NAV 4.00 SQL Server 2005 to NAV 2009 SP1 SQL Server 2008 64 bit.
    I am following the steps given for upgrading as per Upgrade Toolkit.

But after converting the NAV 4.00 DB which has been restored on SQL 2008 64 bit through SQL 2005 backup, the SID - Account ID table has a field ID type Text of 63. Where as in NAV 2009 base its 130.

Due to which, during import of merged NAV 2009 objects, I am getting an error saying

"The Field property must be '65'
    Property: Datalength
    Field : ID
    Table: Windows Login

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Sandeep

I have just got the exact same error message and after much frustration, have discovered that the fbk I was given was made using a NAV 2009 Classic client and I was trying to restore it using a NAV 5.0 SP1 client. I know the versions are not the same, but maybe this could shed some light on what is going wrong in your situation too.
    Woof!
  • Dave_CintronDave_Cintron Member Posts: 189
    I believe the fields in the "invisible" tables are causing this issue. The easiest way to replace this is to create a new, empty database using the 2009 SP1 client. This will contain all of the 2009 SP1 system tables. Then restore your backup without replacing system tables. Then import your upgrade objects if that's what you're trying to do.
    Dave Cintron
    Dynamics West
    http://www.dynamicswest.com