Posted Document-New field

idontknowidontknow Member Posts: 66
Is it possible to get a value in to a field for a posted entry?

For eg: I have posted a PO.Now i want to create a new field on the posted purchase invoice table and get the value of some special code assigned to it while posting a PO.My main concern is to know whether is it possible to fill in the new field for a posted entry?

Answers

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    You can back fill an entry using a report. Just be careful.
  • idontknowidontknow Member Posts: 66
    matttrax wrote:
    You can back fill an entry using a report. Just be careful.

Is that called an utility?if so,i have never tried it.

Any other way out?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    The report he's talking about is what I call a Processing Only Report. You can use that to run throught the entries that already exist to fill in some data.

ie/
    Old Field := New Value;
    Modify;

If your not interested in doing that, but instead just care about today & going forward then
    do you want to fill a field on the Po Header & Have it transfer to the Posted header during posting?
  • idontknowidontknow Member Posts: 66
    Savatage wrote:
    The report he's talking about is what I call a Processing Only Report. You can use that to run throught the entries that already exist to fill in some data.

ie/
    Old Field := New Value;
    Modify;

If your not interested in doing that, but instead just care about today & going forward then
    do you want to fill a field on the Po Header & Have it transfer to the Posted header during posting?

Savatage,

That is what i am looking for...It's the Vendor shipment no field...
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    As long as the fields in the Purchase Header and Purchase Invoice Header table have the ID number and are of the same type it will be transferred during posting. So you just need to add the field to the Invoice table with the correct ID if it is not already there.