Setup maximum inventory to a location

user123user123 Member Posts: 22
Hi everybody!!!!

Need your expert support to solve my client issue or rather the requirement :wink:

The client wants to restrict a location to have a maximum inventory level (meaning the location should ALWAYS have inventory BELOW the specified maximum inventory level)

The client uses the requisition worksheet and manual transfer orders to transfer stocks to locations. They do not want to allow the other locations to create transfer orders when this location has reached its maximum level of inventory.

I have tried creating a SKU and selected the Re Ordering Policy as Maximum Inventory and Replenishment System as Transfer. And have setup the maximum inventory for that location as 1. Then I have created a manual transfer order and tried transferring 100 items. The system has allowed to transfer that stock!!!! :?

Now the SKU card shows the inventory level as 100 and maximum inventory as 1 :? :? :? This doesn't make any sense to me!!!!! I don't understand this..What is the point in setting up a maximum inventory level, if the system allows to accept MORE THAN MAXIMUM inventory?????Maybe I have got the concept incorrect, I don't have a lot of experience in NAV :(

Client requests a solution asap #-o So, pls provide me a solution as soon as possible.. :cry:

Thanks in advance..

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    The maximum inventory on SKU/Item is used by MRP to suggest replenishment.
    In does not in any matter enforce any rules to prevent making transaction to that location for that item.

You have to do a mod if your customer wants that.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • user123user123 Member Posts: 22
    Thanks for the reply.

But I still don't understand the purpose of having a 'maximum inventory' level when the system allows to have more than that!!! :?: Eventhough this field is used for MRP, still maximum inventory means maximum isn't it?? :o:o
    Appreciate if anyone have some suggestions for solutions other than doing modifications..

Looking forward for different solutions and suggestions..
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Yes it means maxing inventory for planning.
    You have to do the mod.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n