Wrong service invoice

RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
Our sales department has just created invoices for service contracts for the first quarter.
All of them are wrong.

The invoice details of the contracts are all ok.
After using the automatic function for creating invoices the system has created invioces for the upcoming 2 years, and not for the next quater. It had worked in the past.

Could it be that the reason is, that the service periode is longer than the invoice period? There are some hints in the online help. But this should work!

Now I've got 2 problems:

a) the invoices are wrong - I've tried to delete them, but the system gives an error message, althought the invoices are not posted. When I delete the rows at first, I can delete, but the invoice details of the contract are still wrong. To delete the servcice ledger entries seems to be a bad way. I am searching for "undo service invoices".

b) how can I create new, correct invoices?

Is there a way to create correct invoices in standard or shall I develop a new function?
The planning details in the contacts must be corrected manually??
Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)

Comments

• sridevinsridevin Member Posts: 32
    Hi
    Is that service ledger entries created,If so you can not delete the invoices.For new invoices
    you have to create manually.Instead of deletion you can use the Creditmemo process.
    I hope this helps you.
    Thanks,
  • RallnusRallnus Member Posts: 79
    ok, credit memo is possible, but does this reset the service contract details?

Next period, Next Invoice date and so on...

I can't understand the logic that an unposted invoice has created ledger entries?!

In my opinion this is not the typical NAV logic.
    Rallnus (Yamaha FJ1200 - '89 / 25th anniversary was great!)
  • entropusentropus Member Posts: 10
    edited 2011-08-10
    Do you happen to know the way of deleting an unposted service invoice created via a batch job?
    Is deleting Service Ledger Entries connected to this invoice and changing last invoice date on the Contract Header sufficient?
  • jglathejglathe Member Posts: 639
    Rallnus wrote:
    ok, credit memo is possible, but does this reset the service contract details?

Next period, Next Invoice date and so on...

I can't understand the logic that an unposted invoice has created ledger entries?!

In my opinion this is not the typical NAV logic.

Hi,

I'm afraid it's not resetting anything. I had the same problem here. Cleaning up was quite a job, with multiple correction reports for undoing the mess.

with best regards

Jens