Options

Developer's ToolKit compatibility

petevanspetevans Member Posts: 78
edited 2011-02-28 in Navision Attain
I have been searching for an overview of which versions of Developers Toolkit (NDT) will work with which versions of NAV, with not much luck. This post is an effort to map what works with what.

I'll start with my own experiences. I have tested by creating a blank DB with the corresponding NAV version, and importing the objects from the corresponding NDT version.

NDT 3.01.410:
Not working with NAV versions: 2009 SP1, 5_01, 4_03

Seems to me like this build only works with 2009 without SP1...

The errors I get are "Database Error 1362: You have not selected a database." or similar, which I understand are caused by compatibility issues or possibly that you have another NAV client open when using NDT - so be mindful of that when testing.

NDT 20 b291:
NAV 4_03: Worked

Using this version I tried to import 6_01 NO (Norwegian) objects and had a partial success. Tables and Forms worked, but only a few reports worked, and I aborted the import at that point so no CodeUnits or other object types got in. The error I got was "Error during import!". If you press OK it still seemed to import properly, but another error message appeared for practically each reports 2,4,6,8....etc. It's possible you can click your way to a full import, but I cancelled it, and the import completed (partially).

I also used this version to import CRONUS NO 5_01, which worked.

I guess a better list would be something like this:

(NAV version / Needed NDT version):
NAV 6_01 / ??? (partial success described above)
NAV 6_0 / NDT 3.01.410 (not tested)
NAV 5_01 / NDT 20 b291 (but use 4_03 NAV DB, then import the 5_01 objects)
NAV 4_03 / NDT 20 b291

I think other 4_X versions down to 3_7 should work with "NDT 20 b291" but haven't tested myself yet.

Input and enlightenment appreciated. Cheers.
NAVN00b

Comments

• Options
    KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

I have not experienced any incompatibility issues with the latest NDT 3.01.410.
    You can make this one work with a database created with a Dynamics NAV 2009SP1 client. But you have to take some additional steps to do it.
    Since the database version is only important during the initial creation of the database, I just use the Nav 2009 Client.

I have worked with this toolkit for a while now and have not experienced any issues sofar.
    I have loaded the objects for all versions from Financials 2.5 up until NAV 2009Sp1. These are all in the same database and it is working fine.

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • Options
    sundfarsundfar Member Posts: 28
    Can you tell which additional steps one need to take in order to make NDT 3.1.0.410 work with a database created with a Dynamics NAV 2009SP1 Norwegian client?

Me too get the errors when opening in NDT:
    Error-Exception!
    Error: 52017.

OK

Developer's Toolkit for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    You have not selected a database.
    OK

Error-Exception!
    Database Error: 1046.

OK

Any feedback is appreciated.

Regards, Gunnar
  • Options
    Hi

these are the steps that you need to do to make the toolkit work with a database created by the 2009SP1 client:

Copy the following C/FRONT files from the C/Front installation folder to the Developer's Toolkit folder:

CFRONT.DLL
    cfront.ocx
    cfrontsql.dll
    Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.dll
    Microsoft.Dynamics.NAV.CFront.CFrontDotNet.xml

Normally C/Front is installed in the following directory: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\SDK\CFRONT.

Then copy the following files from the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic client folder to the Developer's Toolkit folder:

nc_netb.dll
    nc_tcp.dll
    nc_tcps.dll
    ndbcs.dll
    slave.exe
    dbm.dlll

Then you should be able to open the toolkit database that is created with the 2009SP1 client.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • Options
    sundfarsundfar Member Posts: 28
    It helped perfectly. Thanks, KYDutchie!
  • Options
    tonypangtonypang Member Posts: 101
    all master i using NAV2009 but still hit error 32 and the database error 1046

How to solve it ?
    NAV
  • Options
    raver2046raver2046 Member Posts: 10
    ok it works but now i have this what can i do ?

sanstitredxr.th.png
  • Options
    Raver,

when you create your database in the regular client, you have to create a company too at that time.
    Then you will be able to use the toolkit.

What you can do now is open your database with the normal native client and create a company. Then when you reopen it with the Toolkit, you can start using it normally.

Regards,

Willy
  • Options
    Big_DBig_D Member Posts: 203
    A big thank you to KYDutchie without his c-front dll suggestions there was no way I could crack opening a dev toolkit database. The dev toolkit pdf is good but there is no hint on what to do for error codes - where do you go to investigate those error codes?

Thanks once agian :D
    Big D signing off!