Send to Excel issue with tabbed subform

awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
Hi,

I have a customer with an issue where we have a customized sales order form that has a tab control with two subforms. This is causing issues when the customer uses the Send to Excel function (although Send to Word works fine).

When excel opens we get the error: 'Problems came up in the following areas during load: - Workbook Setting - This file cannot be opened because of errors. Errors are listed at: M:\Documents and Settings\awarnica\Temporary Internet Files\Content.MSO\62662283.log.'

The logfile looks like:

XML ERROR in Workbook Setting
REASON: Too many tags
FILE: C:\Documents and Settings\awarnica\Local Settings\Temp\101079 Spotsmeyer's Furnishings - Wise Sales Order.xml
GROUP: Workbook
TAG: Worksheet
ATTRIB: Name
VALUE: General

Has anybody been able to find a workaround for this?

Thanks so much,

awarn

Comments

• Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Here is what I suggest you do to solve this problem

When you click on Send to excel Nav calls in CU 1 that calls the following function.

LaunchApp(DataXML;StylesheetID;ApplicationXML)

Save the dataXML and applicationXML into a folder somewhere.

Change the tag manually so that they are unique, then

Create a CU that loads the variable into dataXML and ApplicationXML

can call the function below

AppLaunchMgt.LaunchApp(DataXML,StylesheetID,ApplicationXML)

And see that they open successfully.

Once it does, then you do that in code and add it in CU 1.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • awarnawarn Member Posts: 261
    Hi,

I did look at this, I am unsure on how to get this to save, however the code did not get this far, it seems the export code is in cu403...

Thanks,

awarn
    Hi Mark,

I did try two general tabs, however you cannot have two tabs with the same name.

I will note that I found after further testing that I DO NOT get the excel error in NAV2009 SP1. This error is from 5.01SP1.

Thanks,

awarn
  • DigiTecKidDigiTecKid Member Posts: 46
    Hey awarn,

I'm having the same problem. My customer's sales order form has a tab that has a subform on it. If I save that form to a new form and remove the subform, Viola, it works as designed.

You find anything on it yet?

Like you, I'm considering telling them to upgrade to SP1. (although i think i want them to goto R2, but I have to test their 5.0sp1 database in those EXE's as I've never done that move before)
    I did not find an answer to this :(
  • mboon75mboon75 Member Posts: 16
    I have the same problem. All my forms that have this problem, contain more than one subform.
    The worksheets for the subforms get the same name as the Datacaption fields of the main form.
    And worksheets cannot have the same name. That's why I get the message.

And now the solution... :-k

BTW. I'm on NAV2009SP1