DecimalPlaces problem in all report

InTouch2010InTouch2010 Member Posts: 3
hi all,

after i am upgrade navision 3.7 to 4 SP3, fields type decimal in report become 2 decimalplaces (0.00), include field quantity.

ex:
- quantity: 10.00 (should be 10)

can someone help me?
Thanks

Comments

• William_HollandWilliam_Holland Member Posts: 15
    Have you set the decimal places property on the field correct?

Try 0:2 for a minimum of 0 and a maximum of 2 (or 3, 4,5). If you don't want decimal places than change the property to 0:0
  • InTouch2010InTouch2010 Member Posts: 3
    when using nav 3.7, DecimalPlaces for field "quantity" is correct (ex: 10).

then after upgrade to nav 4 sp3, i do not change the property of report (same property with previous nav).
    why field "quantity" in report change to format 10.00?

if i change the property to 0:0, then i must change DecimalPlaces property of all report (1 by 1 field).

is it have default setting in nav?
    can someone tell me..
    thanks
  • takahiratakahira Member Posts: 1
    hmm, i've also same problem...
    any one can help me to solve it?
    is there any general setup for currency all report in navision 4?
  • FDickschatFDickschat Member Posts: 380
    For Unit Amount and Amount fileds there exists a setup but not for Quantity fields.

The fields are called "Amount Decimal Places" and "Unit-Amount Decimal Places".
    For local currency go to G/L Setup.
    For foreign currencies got to the currency table.

Please note that this does also affect the way numbers are displayed on screen.

This format is setup on a field in the "Auto Format Type" and "Auto Format Expression" Properties. In CU1 exists a function AutoFormatTranslate which handles this.

A quantity field usually has decimal places 0:5 (sometimes 0:6) setup on the table.

Just a wild guess:
    Which build of NAV4.03 are you using? Maybe there exists a build which displays the decimal places incorrect?! Try to use the last available build (29821 as far as i know).
    Frank Dickschat
    FD Consulting