Extracting C/AL Code from NAV.

Nicolai_EsbensenNicolai_Esbensen Member Posts: 5
For about 1½ half year ago i stumbled upon Søren Nielsens very interesting investigations
about extracting the C/AL code from nav.

His blog is to be found at this address:
http://gotcal.com/

This code is great and works very well until you using a language different from english.
This is especially a problem since while exporting the true/false captions are changed which
means you can't import what you export. The biggest problem is that characters are converted,
for me its a problem with the danish character such as a/ø and å. This in the end means that
i really can't use the code for publishing objects to remote databases since i lose infomation on
the export. All danish characters are converted to the same character value '?' (3F) so there is no
simple conversion just by replacing in the exported C/AL code. I've been looking
around for workarounds, for example changing the encoding of the memory stream when exporting
which i don't see possible in any way. So my request to the community is to write their
experiences with the code and hopefully a workaround, so that my worklife can become a lot more
simpler!

Hope somebody out there have found the holy grail and is willing to share :)

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It is interesting, I have no problems with using it, I just make sure that my client is switched into english when working with the library. Which version of NAV client you are using?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.