Options

remote users - buggy login

orbitalsalmonorbitalsalmon Member Posts: 33
More issues with our employees working over the VPN. We are running Terminal Services on Windows 2003 Standard Server.

One person consistently gets login problems. Our company has multiple branches which are setup as different "companies" within Navision. Users usually do work across these branches so must log in and out using the correct username that corresponds with the branch. for example:

MIKE1 - branch1
MIKE2 - branch2 and so on.

Well Mike will come into the office in the morning and log into branch 1 with no problems and do some work. He then decides he needs to work on branch 2 so he logs out of the terminal server, and back in. As soon as he enters his Navision login info for branch2, the system locks up on him. There is a grey screen that shows up instead of the main menu, and all is frozen. Can't click on the top menu bar nor the login icon at upper right, nothing.

I've found that as soon as I reset his ZUP file on the terminal server he is O.K. :D But it was becoming quite a nuisance because this issue would arise ever 2-3 days. I've since created a simple batch file to delete the zupfile on a daily basis, but just wanted your thoughts on what the problem might be, and if it can be resolved without a workaround.

thanks for reading,
Jon

Comments

• Options
    rsfairbanksrsfairbanks Member Posts: 107
    We had a similar problem and it seemed linked to a request for a change in password that was ignored by the user.

The user connects to one terminal server and from there to Navision TS. The password request was on the first server. If they logged in again and changed password, logging in to Navision was as normal with full screen and functionality.

Not sure if this helps, but someone may by able to put 2 and 2 together. :lol: