Attaching dictionaries to general account [nav5]

informa24informa24 Member Posts: 5
Hi,

It is my first post here.

How can I connect to my general ledger account selected dictionary. For example I have got general ledger account named "vehicles" and I want to create relation with cars which are defined in dictionary (table?). Is that possible? I do not want to create accounts for every car.

Best regards

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Maybe something is lost in translation,

but I'm guessing your Vehicles are Items and Items can be assigned to Inventory Posting Groups for Balance sheet GL account.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    informa24 wrote:
    Hi,

It is my first post here.

How can I connect to my general ledger account selected dictionary. For example I have got general ledger account named "vehicles" and I want to create relation with cars which are defined in dictionary (table?). Is that possible? I do not want to create accounts for every car.

Best regards

Are you talking about Dimensions?

Ususally for cars, a fixed asset, you set them up as a fixed asset to keep all transactions related to the car to the fixed asset. Then you'll be able to drilldown from the G/L and see each individual fixed asset transaction.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    so, u have some options. One is, if you post on this G/L to use a special Dimension Code. In the Dimension settings for this G/L account u define that every post on ths G/L must have a value for the Dimension CARS. So you can see on the G/L Entry with which Dimension CARS and with wich Dimension Value (for example Opel, Mercedes, BMW) are posted.

The other option is to use items or better if u need also to post some costs for the vehicles (like Maintenense costs, Depressions, an so on) to use the Fixed Asset Module (to find on Menu Financial Management\Fixed Assets). for more infos about fixed Assets (if this module is in you license) read the Online Help or the Manuel (u can get the Manuel from your partner if u are an enduser)

regards
    Do you make it right, it works too!