Issue with lookup on report..

FakerulesFakerules Member Posts: 50
Happy new year to everyone...

I have got a problem..

I have two reports in one of them we have a look up for a table and in the other it is not their..

I have provided the snaps...

I want the lookup to be on the other report as well so can someone guide me on how to do that...

please help...

Comments

• JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Hi

Icon appears when you have cursor in field. In 1 screenshot you have cursor in - so you see lookup icon
    In second screen cursor is on "Posting date" field so you can't see lookup icon from field/filter "document No."

.. icon appears when you have setup "Table relation" property in field of table or the field is primary key of table (then lookup is for this table)
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    "No." is the primary key and the lookup arrow appears.
    moreover, i think it depends from the data type of the field (e.g. the look up does not work with dates, even if they're PK)

another way to have the lookup, is to set a table relation for the field, but i don't think you have to table relate your field...
    edit: you wer faster again JerzeyT ](*,) but i want to higlight this
    moreover, i think it depends from the data type of the field (e.g. the look up does not work with dates, even if they're PK)
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Line No. is always Primary key but it never Look up in Nav. :mrgreen:
    Now or Never
    do some customization in Report request form for your requirement.
    Now or Never
    navuser1 wrote:
    because it's part of a multi-field key, i think :-k
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Belias wrote:
    navuser1 wrote:
    because it's part of a multi-field key, i think :-k

That I know
    Now or Never
    navuser1 wrote:

I must disagree..

There is no tables in Nav (W1) with Line No. as primary key. (only as part of primary key)
    Never lookup? - I think always (if primary key is "single field" key)
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    Lookup is activated only with tablerelation except forms. Also it is not much meaningful that posting date field has a lookup.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
    Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005
    cemkaraer wrote:
    Lookup is activated only with tablerelation except forms. Also it is not much meaningful that posting date field has a lookup.

Another disagree..

Try to run report on table 17, or every other ledger entry with "entry No." as primary key.
    You see lookup in field "entry No.". It is ralated to LookUpFormId property in table because there is no tablerelation in this field
    JedrzejT wrote:
    cemkaraer wrote:

Another disagree..

Try to run report on table 17, or every other ledger entry with "entry No." as primary key.
    You see lookup in field "entry No.". It is ralated to LookUpFormId property in table because there is no tablerelation in this field
    we're running in circle, the problem is "solved". "cemkaraer", if you read the whole topic, you'll find that me and jedrzej are correct, just try to do something (as i have done this time, too) before saying that something is true or false. :wink:
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    Belias wrote:
    JedrzejT wrote:
    cemkaraer wrote:

Another disagree..

we're running in circle, the problem is "solved". "cemkaraer", if you read the whole topic, you'll find that me and jedrzej are correct, just try to do something (as i have done this time, too) before saying that something is true or false. :wink:

Thank you Belias, I will always remember your comment before writing anything :lol:
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
    Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005
    JedrzejT wrote:
    navuser1 wrote:

I must disagree..

There is no tables in Nav (W1) with Line No. as primary key. (only as part of primary key)
    Never lookup? - I think always (if primary key is "single field" key)

Yes!! I want to say that Line No. is always a part of Primary key but it never Look up in Nav
    Now or Never