How to develop an Absence Biometrics Report

FreakyFreaky Member Posts: 125
Hi Guys, we have this Biometrics system that stores employees time in time out data to sql and through an Ado connection it inserts the data to our Staff Time Sheet Table in Navision. The data inserted into the table is just the clock in clock out details. I was able to develop reports for lateness and time attendance but I dont have much idea on how to develop an Absence Report because this is not stored anywhere is just abstract to me. The tables involved are the Employee table which uniquely stores the employee No. of all staffs and the Staff Time Sheet Table which stores employees time in time out details in datetime format. How will I be able to develop an Absence Report to give me the employees who are absent everyday? I hope it is clear.Please.

Thanks.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    The normal HR system has absence reporting. You could look into integrating with that.

You could also maybe setup a calendar in NAV with your company's working days. Then you run your report for a specific time period and it calculates whether or not they were absent on a working day.
  • massmass Member Posts: 4
    That is you require to know who should be present on any specific day. That is company working days minus leave of absences.

Then you compare the names on the time in / out with the names of would be attendant.

Try this.
  • kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
    You can also compare the attendance table with the employee table for a particular day and check in the employee table and compare that names to the attendance table, if found, then that employee is present otherwise, he/she is absent.
  • adityashahadityashah Member Posts: 1
    you can go to our corporate website. and you can find accurate payroll software for your needs.
    Mantra Softech
    Biometric companies
  • thankeshthankesh Member Posts: 170
    kolaboy wrote:
    You can also compare the attendance table with the employee table for a particular day and check in the employee table and compare that names to the attendance table, if found, then that employee is present otherwise, he/she is absent.

I agree with you Kolaboy. But how can we deal with the time factors in this scenario? Can an employee take permission for half a day/full day?
    With warm regards,

Thankesh

***Learn to lead***
  • kolaboykolaboy Member Posts: 446
    where is your corporate website? Send me the link to it.