Applied amount of a customer ledger entry

Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
Hi all,

I have a cust. ledger entry with a debit amount. In the Customer Ledger Entries form, I use Entry -> Applied Entries function so that I can find other cust. ledger entries applied to the particular debit entry. But Applied Customer Entries form does not show the amount that was applied to the particular debit entry. It only shows the Original Amount, Amount and "Closed by Amount". The "Closed by Amount" is useless because this value belongs to another irrelevant debit entry. How can I find the necessary applied amount by code?

Best regards.
Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
Dynamics NAV Developer since 2005

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    from the applied entries form have you tried Ctrl-F5 (Detailed Ledger Entries) to see if that has what you are looking for?
  • philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    The "Closed by Amount" is useless because this value belongs to another irrelevant debit entry.
    No, the Closed by Amount and Closed by Currency Amount show the value allocated to close this entry (the record you'are looking).

If you want for an entry to have the detail of entries which are related to the entry you are looking (original entry, currency reevaluations, discounts, applications, etc..) use the Remaining Amount drilldown.
    If you want to have the entry (or the entries) which closed use Applied Entry.

Closed By Amount is very usefull.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • Cem_KaraerCem_Karaer Member Posts: 281
    When I drill down the remaining amount, detailed cust. ledger entries of the debit entry are shown but those detailed entries have no data that will correctly lead me to the applying customer ledger entries. Yes remaining amount gives me correct applied amounts but not customer ledger entries that are applied. The Applied Entries function gives me the correct entries applied but not amounts applied. I cannot create the link between two. This is the problem.

The main reason why I want to link applied entries and applied amount is that finance charge routine of one of our customers is completely different from the standard one. I must precisely know which entries and how much of their amount applied to the credit entries.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
    It seems that what I request is not possible with standard functionality or have I not been able to express it? If it is not possible with the standard then I will have to handle it with a high-impact development.
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
    No....
    You have another kind of problem in your database because, with a standard using of Navision:
    Drilldown in Remaining Amount shows all detailed entries linked to the Entry, so, also the closing entries (see Entry Type = Application, and Navigate on it).

Entry, Apllied Entries shows only the entry (or the entries) applied to your entry, with exact Applied Amount.

It must be like that, if it's not, there is a problem somewhere, show us an detailed example.
    The example for debit entry, its detailed ledger entries, the applied credit entries and their respective detailed entries can be examined in the excel file below:

http://rapidshare.com/files/330142464/Cust._Ledger_Entry_Example.xls.html
    Cem Karaer @ Pargesoft
    Sorry but your link doesn't work (unless to purchase a premium menbership access... what I don't want).

I suggest you to try in a Cronus database and check if the problem is the same.
    If it is, I hardly recommend you to read again documentations related to Financial Management or Payment Management.
  • supportnavsupportnav Member Posts: 34
    hi anyone have solution for this ????

hi Cem Karaer, how did u handle this, any hotfix is thr ?