Record Link table

marialorenamarialorena Member Posts: 62
Hi,

Message " You do not have permission to read the Record Link Table" was encountered while trying to post an invoice (both in Sales and Purchase). Note that daily normal transaction was only done when this message was reported.

Why did this happen? How can this be resolved without altering the permission to read the Record Link Table?

Thanks!

Comments

• philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    Record Link is a NAV 6.00 (Navision 2009) system table.
    If you have this message isn't it because a link have been added?
    Do you have the licence for it?
    Does the user have the authorization for it?
    You must set a "All users" role which allow reading on the most common tables, eventually with "indirect" method.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • marialorenamarialorena Member Posts: 62
    Hi,

We have been using the application for months already and users are just doing normal sales and purchase transaction when they can not post the invoice and this message related to Record Link table appeared. Anyone who encountered the same?
    Hi,

We're using only NAV 5.0 SP1. Wondering why the message appeared. Our users are just doing a normal everyday transaction when they can no long post both in Sales and Purchase. Pls advise how to fix this even without giving permission in the Record Link Table.

Thanks.
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    delete the records from record link table and you won't get the permission error.
    My guess somebody with permission inserted a record into the table. and users started getting the read permission error because there are now records in the table.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    delete the records from record link table and you won't get the permission error.
    My guess somebody with permission inserted a record into the table. and users started getting the read permission error because there are now records in the table.

Hi,

There is no record found in the Record Link table when the permission error occured..anyone has encountered the same scenario?
    may I ask how you found this out?

Thanks
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

may I ask how you found this out?
    _________

The users are just doing normal Sales and Purchase transaction. When about to post the Invoice then the message appeared.

Thanks
    Sorry what I wanted to know is how did you check that there is no record in the record link table.

Also has somebody modified any posting routine to access the record link table?

maybe transfer the data in record link to the posted documents?

Thanks.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

I run this Table 2000000068 Record Link and found no record at all.
    This object was never modified also.

Please help.
    Thanks.
  • BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    I run this Table 2000000068 Record Link and found no record at all.
    This object was never modified also.

Please help.
    Thanks.
    enable debugger, disable breakpoint on triggers, and see where the execution stops. If you don't understand the code, try to post it here.
    P.S.: you can use "quote" button to quote other people's messages :wink:
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • SandraSandra Member Posts: 52
    Hallo Marialorena,
    how did you solve the problem? We encounterd the same problem after doing a technical update last weekend. So I gave everyone readpermissions, but today another user called and had the same problem again. So I checked - there was one record in the table. So I deleted it - no go. The user then exited Navision and called it up again and everything was alright.
    What I do not understand is: deleteting a record is data. Data is made available to everyone without leaving Navision.
    Why did the read permission not work???
    Thanks
    Regards
    Sandra
    When you change permission, users have to log out and back in to get the new permission. And my guess that one users was still connected and never had logged out.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• SandraSandra Member Posts: 52
    yes they all logged out and logged back in again. I changed the permission on Monday! And today is Wednsday. The User are logged out automatically at night so even if thy forgot it would have been changed.

Regards
    Sandra
    Sandra wrote:
    yes they all logged out and logged back in again. I changed the permission on Monday! And today is Wednsday. The User are logged out automatically at night so even if thy forgot it would have been changed.

Regards
    Sandra

What do you mean by Logged out automatically at night?
    Ahmed Rashed Amini

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    if you don't understand where's the problem, try to put an error in Oninsert trigger of recordlink table:
    ERROR('Immediately call Sandra to report this error, thanks');

the user will call you and he can tell you how did he generated the error...
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
    Where is it called for the Record Link table and how to use it for custom tables?

Were you able to get answer for this...
    It's a new feature added in 5.0 and higher.

you click on a new menu button that is beside Paste button.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini