Multicompany Data Upload using Dataport

nav_126nav_126 Member Posts: 77
Dear All,

I have a created 3 companies in my database i.e. A,B and C. Now, I have created a dataport which imports some data from a file to Item table.

Now, my query is that if I have opened company A and I run that dataport then is it possible that system import the same data in company B also (at the same time). I do not want to open company B and do the same process again.

Is it possible?

Regards
Navision Developer

Comments

• Ashish_GuptaAshish_Gupta Member Posts: 56
    hi
    use table property "data per company"

Ashish Gupta
    SS Dynamics Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
    Ashish Gupta
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • lokesh_janlokesh_jan Member Posts: 16
    use table property data per company

lokesh
    ind synergy
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    lokesh_jan wrote:
    use table property "data per company"

Please don't. Yes, this is a possible solution. It will cause more pain than it is worth. Search the forum about it and you'll find more of the same. You'll want to add a little bit of code to your dataport involving the CHANGECOMPANY method. You'll also find posts on it and exactly how it is used here in the forums. Also search the help from the NAV Client.
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    :o

Follow the solution proposed by matttrax.

My personal opinion is that while you should investigate the CHANGECOMPANY in order to see the possibilities (..and possible pitfalls), the best solution is to run the import for each company in order to follow all system checks. Especially if you are planning to do the same with more than one table.