The Specified table (Purchase Header) is different from the

Markandey_PandeyMarkandey_Pandey Member Posts: 178
Hi all,

Actually i want to show Item no and description in Purchase List form, so changed the formLookUpId to Purchase Line from Purchase List and this is causing the error

"The Specified table (Purchase Header) is different from the table the form uses (Purchase Line)
. can anybody tell me the solution.
Markandey Pandey

Comments

• lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Perhaps I do not understand what you want to achieve, but changing the LookupFormID on the Purchase Line table to a form that is linked to the Purchase Header is for sure not OK. That's why you are getting the error.
    Actually i want to show Item no and description in Purchase List form
    Why do you want to achieve this? What do you expect to see when the purchase document (invoice/order/credit memo) has multiple item lines?
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    changed the formLookUpId to Purchase Line from Purchase List

The lookupFormID is the form used to show a List of the table. You can change this form with a different one only if the new form is based on the same table.
  • Markandey_PandeyMarkandey_Pandey Member Posts: 178
    lvanvugt wrote:
    Perhaps I do not understand what you want to achieve, but changing the LookupFormID on the Purchase Line table to a form that is linked to the Purchase Header is for sure not OK. That's why you are getting the error.
    Actually i want to show Item no and description in Purchase List form
    Why do you want to achieve this? What do you expect to see when the purchase document (invoice/order/credit memo) has multiple item lines?

Actually we are using Purchase Order screen for receiving Job work item for that we have already created a Order using Sales Order, In Purchase order screen we are using Order:->Special Order-> Get Sales Order to refer to the order on Sales Order.

Now the problem is that, there are lots of Orders and its difficult to track the item based on order no, so if i can add item no and Description in Purchase list then it will be very easy for the user to select the order otherwise they have to look for the order one by one.
    Markandey Pandey
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    What I would do would be to add a new item to the menu button called for example "Get Sales Order From Sales Lines". Then I would add code to show Sales Order lines, and when the user selects a line, get the appropriate order from there and continue by calling the same code as the standard "Get Sales Order".
  • Markandey_PandeyMarkandey_Pandey Member Posts: 178
    kapamarou wrote:
    What I would do would be to add a new item to the menu button called for example "Get Sales Order From Sales Lines". Then I would add code to show Sales Order lines, and when the user selects a line, get the appropriate order from there and continue by calling the same code as the standard "Get Sales Order".

Hi thanks for the reply, but i am new to navision can u give me some hint on what piece of code i need to write to achieve this.
    i think this will solve my problem.
    Markandey Pandey