error while changing unit of measures

AlexxdAlexxd Member Posts: 7
Hi,

I want to change the unit from unit to box but then Nav gives an error!
I need now 500 pieces in a box instead of 1 unit.

The error : "You're not able to change the unit because there is minimum one open post for this article".

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    The error message
    Alexxd wrote:
    "You're not able to change the unit because there is minimum one open post for this article"
    does not seems to be a standard error message. Is there some modifications?
    For new UOM you can define the same in Item Unit of Measure as a separate entry.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • William_HollandWilliam_Holland Member Posts: 15
    You need to book the stock to 0, then change it, and then book the quantity back into stock of your new UOM. Don't forget to change the Unit cost.
  • AlexxdAlexxd Member Posts: 7
    Some explanation : I'm a student and we have to work with the demo database Cronus (so normally everybody has this).
    For the new module I have to study, I start whole over again with the original database and the only thing I want to do is changing the unit from pieces to box and it doesn't work.

So I do not work in a company or so, it just exercising for my test in January. In my book it says adjust the unit and it won't work...
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I will try to help you with this :

Open the item card and search the item for which you want to modify the UOM. After finding the record click lookup button on the field "Base Unit of Measure". Form Item Unit of measure will open where you will find a line for having values of 'Unit", "1". Insert I line under that by selecting "BOX" and Qty per UOM = 500.

On the item card change the value of "Sales unit of measure" and "Purchase Unit of measure" to "BOX".

Now you can do the transactions with that item with UOM as "Box"
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
    edited 2009-12-27
    ssingla wrote:
    I will try to help you with this :

Open the item card and search the item for which you want to modify the UOM. After finding the record click lookup button on the field "Base Unit of Measure". Form Item Unit of measure will open where you will find a line for having values of 'Unit", "1". Insert I line under that by selecting "BOX" and Qty per UOM = 500.

On the item card change the value of "Sales unit of measure" and "Purchase Unit of measure" to "BOX".

Now you can do the transactions with that item with UOM as "Box"

Thanks
    I think I've solved it !

ssingla thanks a lot, you've made my day