help pls can't print MICR near the bottom of report / check

kimdonahowerkimdonahower Member Posts: 9
Please help -- I cannot print the MICR close enough to the bottom edge of my check. If I move the lines / fields on the report containing the MICR down, it just moves everything else up, and the MICR stays about 1" from the bottom edge, which is too high. I've tried increaseing the height of the page footer in the layout with visual studio, but again it doesn't help. Any ideas? Any help would be appreciated, we're trying to get checks printed before everyone leaves for Christmas!

Comments

• AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    You said visual studio so I am guessing this is 2009? Did you create your own report or are you editing a native one (1401)? Navision used to have MICR specific reports. Also, make sure the property of the footer for PlaceAtBottom = Yes.
  • kimdonahowerkimdonahower Member Posts: 9
    Thanks. Yes, it's 2009 SP1, classic client. And I'm editing 1401. I don't know of any MICR specific reports in 2009 - are there any? The MICR looks like it should, it's just refusing to print on the bottom 1" or so of the form when I print on the check printer (one with magnetic ink). It prints ok on a normal inkjet, but for whatever reason moves everything up the moment I use the dedicated dcheck printer. Is there some special command I need to put into Nav that Nav needs to give the printer to tell it to use the magnetic ink for MICR? (just guessing at this point...)
  • AlexWileyAlexWiley Member Posts: 230
    Just the font, which I'm guessing you've already downloaded? Someone on Dynamics Users actually had the exact same problem as you and unfortunately no one posted a resolution. :(