Share Trading through DEMAT

Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
Hi,
My Client operates a DEMAT account for Share trading (which is his secondary business apart from Manufacturing which is his main business). The shares are made as items and these are tagged with a separate posting group. When it is purchasing shares it is using Purchase Invoice with the Demat account which is made as Vendor. Again it is selling and another Customer (by the same name) is Invoiced. Thus sale is booked in one Customer card and Purchase is booked in another Vendor card. The client wants to "merge" these two so that it gets the balance amount readily ? Can it be done?
What is best way to Map DEMAT trading in Dynamics NAV?
Please help.
With regards,

Answers

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Standard NAV does not provide such a functionality. You need to customize.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    I couldn't understand fully but may be this can be of some use.
    You can test creating a single vendor for all share purchases and a single customer for all share sales, and can use dimensions with "Code Mandatory" in which you can use the same code for purchases and sales.
    Later you can use analysis by dimensions and see the exact balances against the dimension values.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
    Thanks for your suggestion ... I also feel that (with common dimension mapping) is the only work around with the present design of the system.