any link between jobs and service module?

B3nzB3nz Member Posts: 37
Hi all,

i find this field called "service order no" in the job journal, just wondering is there any link between service and jobs module because i can't find any jobs reference in the service module (can't find jobs no in service order)

anyone know how this fields work in the job journal? any advice is appreciated

thanks

Answers

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    On Service Line has the job and Job Task No. field added and there is code that post the job journal line,
    but there is no mechanism to enter Job on service Line.
    I'm thinking the functionality was not finished.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • B3nzB3nz Member Posts: 37
    Hi ara3n,

thanks for your reply.

yea, i check the service line and as you said, couldn't find any way to insert the jobs in the service module.
    so i guess i have to wait and see if Microsoft will finished the functionallity.
    will be nice because i find cases where the service contract is more like a budgeting (like in jobs module)
  • Par_AkerblomPar_Akerblom Member Posts: 10
    Posting consumption from a Service Line to Job Ledger has been supported from 5.0 and onwards. It is mandatory to enter both Job No. and Job Task No. on the Service Line. Job Line Type is optional, if defined a Job Planning Line will ve created as well. The posting is directly from Service Line to the Ledger so nothing will be shown in Job Journal.