Options

Importing Fob Files with Id that already exsists.

elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 191
Hi,

i have oftimes the problem that when i would import strange fob files in our Navision that we have already objects with the same ID than the Objects i want to be import. (For example when i will test one of the examples posted here in the download section).

Exists any Method for Change the ID of the Objects?
When i intend import the txt file it appears errors. Then i intend change the id in the fob file but it too doens't work.

Or must i import the objects in a clean Navision give then new id's export them other way and then import then in working naviison?

Thanks. I Hope you understand what i mean .
(Oo)=*=(oO)

Comments

• Options
    janpieterjanpieter Member Posts: 298
    Yes i think that is the only way. If you could renumber objects in a fob file then this would be a major security issue in Navision :roll:

In navision you only have rights to create objects in a limited object range. The only exception is when importing a FOB. This method creates objects in any range. If you could change the number in a FOB you could easy create objects in ranges you arent allowed to create objects.

Regards, Jan-Pieter
    In a world without Borders or Fences, who needs Windows and Gates?
  • Options
    elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 191
    Hmm Okay Thanks.

Problem is that the Clean Demo what we have already what jet changed by our Navision Partner so that we don't have any Demo without ID's 500xx.

I Did Make it so now that i copy the Demo, then i will be replaced the objekts and export this again with new ID Numbers.
    (Oo)=*=(oO)
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You could also copy the 'empty' Cronus database from the product CD to import downloaded objects into. That way you'll never affect other customizations in your own database and you can safely renumber objects.