Sales Invoice Cancellation

Markandey_PandeyMarkandey_Pandey Member Posts: 178
Hi all,

As we know we cannot delete any posted invoice through front end, if any invoice is having some incorrect data then we have to adjust that amount through Journal Voucher.
Here i want to insert a status (say cancelled) in Sales Invoice Header table when we pass the entries through Journal Voucher.
I have created a field called "Status" in Sales Invoice Header table.

Can anybody tell me how to update this field from "Journal Voucher" screen when it is posted.
Markandey Pandey

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Ask your technical person to do the customization and you can update the sales invoice header.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We use Copy Document to create a Credit memo to completely reverse the sales invoice if there is an error or cancellation.
    In the Sale Header There are already fields like "Correction" Yes/No & "Reason Code" Field to mark these credits in some way.
  • Markandey_PandeyMarkandey_Pandey Member Posts: 178
    Savatage wrote:
    We use Copy Document to create a Credit memo to completely reverse the sales invoice if there is an error or cancellation.
    In the Sale Header There are already fields like "Correction" Yes/No & "Reason Code" Field to mark these credits in some way.

How you do this can u tell me the steps, i mean from where u are using Copy document (
    Sale Order/Invoice/Posted Sales Invoices)
    Markandey Pandey
  • chengalasettyvsraochengalasettyvsrao Member Posts: 711

How you do this can u tell me the steps, i mean from where u are using Copy document (
    Sale Order/Invoice/Posted Sales Invoices)

For example if you posted a sales Invoice and realized that was wrong . To correct that one u need pass a credit memo.

U can create the credit memo using the copy document ( means it will copy the document what u selected).

Open Sales Credit memo - Press F3 ( Number will generate ) - > select function - > select copy document - > select the posted sales Invoice .

when post just select the Reason code in credit memo header.