Incorrect 100% line discount posting in SI and PI

kiyackiyac Member Posts: 118
In NAV2009SP1 W1 version, I find 100% line discount with incorrect posting. If <>100% line discount, the posting is fine.

Note : S&R Setup > Discount Posting = All discounts
P&P Setup > Discount Posting = All discounts

E.g. Qty =1, Unit price = 200, line discount % = 100
Expected result :
Dr AR 0
Dr Line discount 200
Cr Sales 200
Dr COGS xx
Cr Inventory xx

However, the current result is
Dr AR 0
Cr Sales 0
Dr COGS xx
Cr Inventory xx

Is it a bug????

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    i see noone has taken a stab at it.
    but are you sure in setup you have a seperate g/l account # for sales discounts? or Puchase Discounts? or are they set to the sames g/l accounts for Sales & Purchases?
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    No, he's right. I tested this out in the CRONUS database.

Seems like a bug to me. You should report this to MSFT.
  • philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    Go to Purchase & Payables Setup, in page General, you have a field named "Discount Posting".
    Use online help on this field, you will read something like:
    Discount Posting Field
    The Purchases & Payables Setup Table
    Here you can specify the type of purchase discounts the program will post separately.
    Determine the discount type by clicking the AssistButton to the right of the field and selecting one of the four options:
    No Discounts
    Invoice Discounts
    Line Discounts
    All Discounts

If you select No Discounts, the program will not post discounts separately but instead will subtract the discount before posting. Therefore, you will not see the discount amount in the Chart of Accounts window.

If you select Invoice Discounts, the program will post the invoice discount and the invoice amount simultaneously. The program uses the invoice discount account that you have entered in the Purch. Inv. Disc. Account field in the General Posting Setup table. You will be able to see the discount amount in the chart of accounts.

If you select Line Discounts, the program will post the line discount and the invoice amount simultaneously. The program uses the line discount account that you have entered in the Purch. Line Disc. Account field in the General Posting Setup table. You will be able to see the discount amount in the chart of accounts.

If you select All Discounts, the program will post the invoice and line discounts at the same time as it posts the invoice amount. The program uses the invoice discount account number that you have entered in the Purch. Inv. Disc. Account field and the line discount account number in the Purch. Line Disc. Acc. field in the General Posting Setup table. You will be able to see both discount amounts in the chart of accounts.

The default option will be No Discounts if you leave this field blank.

It works fine.
    A test in Cronus shows (with 'All discounts' option in Setup)
    Purchase Account :1000 (for instance)
    Purchase Discount Account : -1000
    Payable Account : 0
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light