Report-requirement

navfreshernavfresher Member Posts: 44
In a report i need to print the week's before available quantity of a particular item.

For eg: while running the report,if the date filter is given as 17-12-09,in the report i need to print the current date's quantity and quantity available on 10-12-09 for corresponding items.

Any solutions/suggestions please?

Comments

• FakerulesFakerules Member Posts: 50
    navfresher wrote:
    In a report i need to print the week's before available quantity of a particular item.

For eg: while running the report,if the date filter is given as 17-12-09,in the report i need to print the current date's quantity and quantity available on 10-12-09 for corresponding items.

Any solutions/suggestions please?

One way is you can count.......

1. Total quantity of the item (today).ie 19/12.....Say x

2. Sold/Purchased during the period (today and the user input on report)ie from 17/12 to 19/12......Say y

3. Sold/Purchased during the period (The user input on report to the preceding week)ie from 17/12 to 10/12......Say z

Now quantity available on 17/12 is equal to X + Y.(if Y is the amount of quantity sold) and X-Y .(if Y is the amount of quantity purchased).
    Say this comes out to be TempTotal1.

Now quantity available on 11/12 is equal to TempTotal1 + Z.(if Z is the amount of quantity sold) and TempTotal1-Z .(if Z is the amount of quantity purchased).

It looks possible this way if you have any doubts lets discuss.
  • navfreshernavfresher Member Posts: 44
    Isn't there any other way to find the back dated inventory?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    What have you tried so far?
    David Singleton