Dimension wise Trial Balance and Balance Sheet

Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
Hi,
My Client has two units – Unit 1 and Unit 2. Both are mapped as Dimension values as “Unit” being taken as Global dimension.
My Client needs to generate a “Unit wise Trial Balance”. To generate such a Trial balance it is encountering these problems:
Say, a sales is made by Unit1 >
Debtors X A/c ..Dr (Dimension – Unit1) Rs. 2000/-
Sales A/c …Cr (Dimension- Unit1) Rs. 2000/-

Say, for the same Debtor Unit2 makes a sale>
Debtor X A/c …Dr (dimension – Unit2) Rs. 3000/-
Sales A/c… Cr (dimension – Unit2) Rs. 3000/-

In this regards say on a later date Debtor X makes a full payment of Rs 5000/- by a single check.

Here the only Bank Account my client has is in Unit2.
Client books the receipt by applying the two Posted invoices documents in the Receipt Journal or Receipt Voucher. Thus The user in Unit2 will book it as :
Dr Bank A/c (Dimension – Unit2) Rs5000/-
Cr Debtors X A/c (Dimension –Unit2) Rs 5000/-
As in the receipt journal we can give only one Dimension against the Balancing Bank A/c. The Client is not willing to enter the transaction giving two lines for Balancing bank A/c-(one for each dimension), saying it will affect his reconciliation efforts at the end of the month
In this situation the receipt will get posted with only one dimension.
Thus the Client is able to obtain Dimension wise Profit & Loss Account but he is unable to obtain dimension wise tallied Trial balance & Balance-Sheet.

Please suggest a course of action.

Thanks & with best regards,

Answers

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    This is not a NAV problem so don't expect too many solutions coming on the forum. The problem is understanding basic principle of accounts and book keeping and its application.

I will just try to help you:
    If payment of invoice raised by Unit 1 is received by other unit then for Unit 1 the receivable still exist. The only difference is that instead of recoverable from customer it is now recoverable from other Unit. To have a correct Balance sheet the entry for other unit receivable needs to be posted.

I recommend you should read some details on Independent Branch accounting......
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Jaideep_GhoshJaideep_Ghosh Member Posts: 50
    Thank you very much sir...