Options

Webservice generates an table has been changed error

krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
edited 2009-12-17 in NAV Three Tier
I have a weird problem with the webservices on NAV2009 (without SP1).

Most of the time a codeunit that runs in webservices works fine. But suddenly it crashes with the error "Item Table has been changed by another user".

The weird thing is that the table has NOT been changed or recompiled for a while. Even after restarting the webservice, the error continues to happen.

After recompiling the table, it worked again .... for some days and then again the error. And no-one has changed the table.

Someone has encountered this problem? And found a solution?
Regards,Alain Krikilion
No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!


Comments

  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    There seem to be scenarios where the table has not been modified yet you get the error message. Just yesterday I got the same error when I was debugging a process in one client session and looking at the uncommitted data in another client session. The error wouldn't go away until after I restarted both clients.

    For me it wasn't a big deal because I was just debugging. With a production webservice scenario I'd log it with MSFT support right away.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Interesting. This was also a bug in 3.70A, fixed in 3.70B.

    I get the feeling that from time to time old bugs find their way back.
    David Singleton
Sign In or Register to comment.