NAV 5.0 on Windows 7 x64 and DOS shell calls

ullerdkullerdk Member Posts: 16
Hi everybody.
Please bear with me, as I am new to this forum.
I have a strange issue. We have a custom made function in Navision which makes 2 files on a network drive - a .cmd file and a .txt file. The cmd file contains only one line with a LPR.exe command which sends the txt file to a IP address of a Zebra label printer. The cmd file is called from a "Print label" function in Navision, and when launched Windows ask permission if it is OK.
The case is that I have just upgraded PC from Windows Vista 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit. Navision client v5.0 is installed and running fine.
After the Windows 7 64-bit upgrade the Navision "Print label" function behaves just as before EXCEPT that nothing is printed on the label printer. I can manually execute the cmd file, and the labels will be printed.
Does Navision client behave differently on 64-bit compared to 32-bit Windows, when executing external DOS shell calls?

Edit: forgot to mention that the cmd file and txt file both are created on a mapped network drive on the client computer, so that is for sure the reason why Windows (Vista and 7) asks for permission to execute the cmd file, but on Windows Vista 32-bit it worked fine when the user clicked OK to the prompt.

Best regards
Ulrik Andreassen