Testing the database

njaikunjaiku Member Posts: 116
Hi,

I have started to upgrade the 4.0 sp3 database to NAV 2009.The first step is to test the 4.0 SP3 database which is in the SQL server. so what i did is
File => Database=>Test
I have choosen the option of Test Pmy keys, Secondary Keys and BLOBS. Its taking such a longtime to test the keys.

Database capacity => 16.5 GB
Database have 10 companies.

The testing status comes now only for 13 % it is more than 24 hrs gone.

Is it there anyother way to test the database or should i have to any other step before testing. Cananyone help me out???

Looking forward for ur valuable suggestions
Jai

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    db test is long, indeed...but it is not a "must do" for an upgrade...you can skip this test...
    if you want to be sure, you can copy the database on a laptop and start the upgrade on customer site while the db test is running on your local pc...in my experience, it is rare that dbtest gives serious errors...maybe some users deleted some item card and some item ledger entries does not find a correspondence...
    btw, the db is pretty small...i didn't remember that the test is so long (i've run it only a few times, so it's better for you to wait also for some other ideas...).
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    Hi guys,

If it is ok to ask in someone else's posting..
    I have one very stupid question. How can I see the errors, that the Database > Test > Test relationships between tables routine found :?
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.
    file->database->test...->option tab
    I suggest "file option"
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    I tried but I found no file with a log of the errors. Do I miss anything? Do I have to create the file manually in advance?

I just tried with the option Event Log and got a file. A .log one. Now I have to find a way to make it readable by a human.

Thanks Belias for the instantaneous advice :)
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.
    try with error message onscreen: maybe you don't have errors if you does not have a file...and also check the path you've set for the file
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    O yes, I do :roll: have errors

error message onscreen works fine.

Thanks.
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.
    try to save the file somewhere else...e.g. in C:\documents and settings\mylogfile.txt
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Guys,

I have problems with the Migration Procedure, as described in the upgrade manual (w1w1upgr.pdf document) of the upgrade toolkit (for NAV4 to NAV5 SP1).
    I am trying to identify the customized objects (that is step 3.1 Customizing the New Standard Objects).
    I made a new Navision database using NAV 5 client. I imported the customized objects from the real database. Then I tried to restore a standard Cronus 4 database into the NAV 5 database. But I got an SQL error 4902, "42S02"... , searched and found on mibuso that I shoud recompile the objects. I did and I got an on-screen message You have errors in 153 objects.

As far as I can read the upgrade manual does not say anything on how to treat these objects. I feel like there is a gap in the procedure at this point. Can anyone tell me what I have done wrong so as to get these errors? And what is to be done next?
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.
    in the manual it's not said how to solve the errors, because every object has a different error: if you design the objects (if you are a developer), you must be able to solve every error.
    My tought is that you didn't import objects in 50K range...but i'm just guessing...analyze the errors one by one
    -Mirko-
    My Blog
    Thanks Belias, I think I should go to the developers at this point. Thanks.
    Boris
    the floor is concrete.