Options

Transforming Matrix like Layout form

GopinathGuthiGopinathGuthi Member Posts: 15
edited 2009-12-18 in NAV Three Tier
Dear experts,

I am trying to transform Form No:151 to Page.

What i did was i saved as Form 151 to 50151 and tried to Transform it to a page using transformation tool.

Eventhough i am using the standard form which is redesigned i am not getting the expected results as same as page 151.

Can you please tell me what is the wrong in that. if so what i need to follow.

Thanks and Regards,
Gopinath.

Comments

• Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    Hi Gopinath,

Yes, these forms are a bit tricky. As you can see on the form there are a couple (3) of invisible controls - with Visble property set to No and text displayed in yellow - added to the form to enable the right transformation.
    What you should know is that it's not only the form data that is used by the transformation tool but also the data in the TIF files (TIF = Transformation Input Files). The TIF files are the following 5 files:
      DeleteElements.xml IgnorePages.xml MoveElements.xml MovePages.xml TransformPages.xml

These are to be found in the same directory on the product CD as the Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Tools.FormTransformation.exe (i.e. the transformation tool).
    For each form these contain data that will be used (and is needed) by the transformation tool.
    In your case it sounds like you have forgotten to also take over the TIF information of FOR151 to FOR50151.

There are two ways of doing this:
      1.- In each of the 5 TIF files you search for data for FOR151 and duplicate that for FOR 50151 2.- Use the TIF Editor tool - the .fob is also to be found in the same directory on the product CD as the transformation tool and TIF files
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision' forum to 'NAV 2009' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    GopinathGuthiGopinathGuthi Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

I know the procedure "How to transform Form to Page". For matrix like layout forms we need to redesign the form to get it transformed correctly to page. In Nav 2009 the Form 151- Customer Statistics form is already been redesigned so that it should get transformed correctly. I Saved as only that redesigned form, but it is not getting transformed to page correctly.

can anybody help me out on this.

Thanks,
    Gopinath.
  • Options
    lvanvugtlvanvugt Member Posts: 774
    You say you know the process, but did you create data in the TIF files for FOR50150? I did not get an answer to that and its needed to know if I can help you more.
    Luc van Vugt, fluxxus.nl
    Never stop learning
    Van Vugt's dynamiXs
    Dutch Dynamics Community