SALES ORDERS LIST

lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
We are using V5 of navision.
I would like to see the total value of Sales orders on hand that we have not invoiced.
If I look at the Sales Orders List not all "amount" values are showing, it seems only to orders that have been shipped but not invoiced.
Is there a way I can see all order values.

Alan

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    The Amount is not calculated if the order is still OPEN. If you Release the order - you will see the Amount field with a value.
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    You can show the Line Amount field. It'll show you what the amount is before releasing.
  • garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    On the Sales Order Card, u can press F9 to see the Order Amount.

If you have some lines shipped and these lines (or only some) invoiced, and you need now the restamount for the invoice u can calculate the field "Shipped Not Invoiced" based on the Sales Lines.
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
    All you guys have confirmed my thoughts.
    But does anyone know how I can look at total of all orders unshipped, I want to see how many ££'s we have has a total on orders.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    The quickest & eaiest way would to create a report.

Total Up the Line Amount on the sales line table
  • lanemarklanemark Member Posts: 83
    I realise now that we have not been using the release function. We normally raise a sales order and it stays editable right through to shipping and invoice.
    As a standard do most companies release a sales order once it has been created? I notice that if we do release it prevents accidental changes to item lines,
    Alan
  • idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    If Warehouse Shipment is required with combined shipments from multiple Sales Orders, there's really no choice...Otherwise

Release:
    For every Sales Order, one additional click & hold or two clicks on Function -> Release is required, the same for Reopen.
    If amendment is frequent, this becomes tedious, you get users forgetting to reopen until they finish typing & realizing too late.

No Release:
    Amendment easy, mistakes & errors also easy

Does the company believe in the concept of Release? How long does the Order remain in the system until fully processed? What are the chances of last minute additions/cancellation/amendments?
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger