How reflect "Bill of materials" in "Qty. on Sales Order"

DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
Hi; as you know, on Item table, there’s the “Qty. on Sales Order” field that sum all the outstanding quantities from sales order from that item.
But, using “Bill of materials”, you put all the items that you need in other item (we can call it "Kit").
Then there is the following problem. You put a Sales Order of the item “Kit” but you can’t see the quantities from that order in “Qty. on Sales Order" field, I mean, you can see, of course, the cuantities in “Qty. on Sales Order" field from item "kit", but not in the products of which consists.
I use “Bom journals” before register the order, but we, obviously, we can put an order before use “Bom journals”, and is vital to known what quantities are available
How can I put these quantities in “Qty, on Sales Order” field (or in another new one)?.
Thanks.

Comments

• rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    Hi

Do u want to know the quantites of Component items of Kit Item required in turn?
  • DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
    Thanks for reply. Not exactly. I put an example.

-I've an Item "Kit" called Kit-Ref. (I've created this item but really it doesn't exist)
    -Then I go to Item/Assembly list/List of materials in this item label.
    -I put, for example, 2 pieces from my 001 ref. (this is a real item)

-Then I put 2 Kit-Ref. sales order.
    -Then, really, there are 4 (2 pieces from List of materials and 2 sales order) pieces from 001 ref. in "Qty. on Sales Order" field .
    -But on 001 item label, in "Qty. on Sales Order" field, you can't see this quantities; you only see that, in "Qty. on Sales Order" field from Kit-Ref. item label, there are 2 sales order.

I need to find the way that in, on "Qty. on Sales Order" o on a new field, appears also this quantity, 4 in this example. It's possible?.
    Thanks for help.
    Any idea, please?.
    Thanks.
  • Miklos_HollenderMiklos_Hollender Member Posts: 1,598
    Functions/Explode BOM on the Sales Order.
    No, sorry, I use the "BOM journals" to get the items, by this reason the order is a Kit-Ref one.
    How can I do this then?.
    Thanks for reply
  • rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    Hi

Your requirement of seeing the component items from qty on SAles Order field cannot be done unless u select the component Items in the Sales Order or u select the Kit Item and then do explode BOM. but then again u will u ever sell those kit Items??

Can u explain how do u use BOM Journal because if u post the BOM journal then the system would post a possitive adjust. for the Kit Item which in ur case is a dummy item.

With Regards,
    Rajat.