Job Ledger Entry Lines Link to Planning Line

ADARTIHSADARTIHS Member Posts: 78
Hi Guys :)

Version: NAV 2009
DB: SQL

When i post a Job Journal for resource hours the system creates 2 transactions. Planning Lines (contract) and Job Ledger Entries. I cannot see how these are linked together they seem to be created without a link?

I am missing something silly.

thanks
ADARTIHS

Comments

• rajatkaliarajatkalia Member Posts: 65
    Hi

While posting the entry from Job journal did you give Line type as Contract and then posted the Job Journal. In that case system will create 2 entries and the link between the entry in Planning Line with line Type Contract and job Ledger Entry is Document No.

Regards,
    Rajat.
  • bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    Hi,

It should be that way.
    Remember that the purpose of the planning lines is PLANNING. There you write what you PLAN TO DO.
    What you HAVE DONE you register by posting a Job Journal line. It creates usage lines in the Job ledger.
    NAV gives you a sort of automation: by adding a line type to a line in the Job Journal you do two things:
    - you register what you HAVE DONE;
    - you add a change to your plan, i.e. you create new planning line(s).

You might as well look at the help at line type fields in a Job Journal.

Regards.
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.
  • Par_AkerblomPar_Akerblom Member Posts: 10
    There should be 3 entries created 1 Resource Ledger Entry, 1 Job Ledger Entry and 1 Job Planning Line, unless Job Line Type = Both Schedule and Contract is used and the Job is not checked to Allow Schedule/Contract Lines, or if Job Line Type is blank. The reference between the 3 lines is Ledger Entry Type = Resource and Ledger Entry No., the number of the entry in Resource Ledger, this applies to 2009 SP1.