When does a Sale in Item Journal return go to G/L ??

aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
Hi there,

I've done an Item Journal and posted it. I have my Item Ledger Entry line and my Value Entry. I see nothing though in the G/L. When is that movement supposed to be reflected in G/L ???

After all lI've done a Sale. I would expect a Inventory-to-Sale accounting movement.

Also, I can't specify a customer in the Item Journal so the lines go without customer. Can it/is it advisable to fill that source code via programming?

Although long experience in Navision, the accounting part is in part still a mistery to me.
Navision Developer

Comments

• DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    If the Automatic Cost Posting is turned "ON" over the inventory setup, it is posted to G/L account while posting an item transaction, else you have to run the batch "Post Inventory Cost to G/L" to post to your general ledger.

Same is followed at sales also.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • aleix1979aleix1979 Member Posts: 213
    Hi,

I still not see it after running the report. And the option in Inventory Setup is ticked.

I don't know what I'm missing. On the other hand I do see a G/L Entry if I do a Sales Journal. The problem with the Sales Journal is that the Item would still be in the system since you cannot specify an Item.

I would expect the Item Journal to allow you to enter a Customer also.

Therefore, could it be that to obtain the following:

+Sales
    - Customer
    +COGS
    - Inventory

I have to do both an Item Journal and a Sale Journal? (first line the Sales Journal, second the Item Journal). If so, why do I not see the second line in the G/L?
    Navision Developer
  • bstoyanobstoyano Member Posts: 134
    Hi,

What type of operation did you post through the Item Journal?
    Boris
    Please, do not frighten the ostrich,
    the floor is concrete.
  • DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    You can see the entry type over the item journal.
    Its primary use is for inventory adjustments.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • kitikkitik Member Posts: 230
    Isn't it a Sale? Why don't you post an Invoice? Or an order first and an invoice later on?

Salut!
    Laura Nicolàs
    Author of the book Implementing Dynamics NAV 2013
    Cursos Dynamics NAV (spanish) : http://clipdynamics.com/ - A new lesson released every day.