Installing NAV5.1 on Server 2008 Enterprise

evildaveevildave Member Posts: 21
Hi All,

I'm having some problems installing Navision 5.1 at a client’s site and could really do with some ideas/suggestions from you good people.

When trying to install the client via the GB setup executable I manage to get part way through the installation before receiving the following error (event log snap) -

Product: Microsoft Dynamics NAV 5.0 SP1 CSIDE Client -- Error 1308.Source file not
found: C:\NAV V5 SP1\CsideClient\Windows\winsxs\73t3z6j5.7ag\x86_Microsoft.VC80.ATL_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.762_x-ww_cbb27474.cat. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it.

Now the client’s server is a windows 2008 64bit server and runs a fair few other 32bit apps fine. If I go to the location suggested above, sure enough, the files don't exist. But it’s the same case on my XP machine and the installation completes perfectly fine. Now I had a corrupt version of the 5.1 installer already on their server from a week ago so I thought I’d check if that had the files. Sure enough, the files my installation were looking for were there. Me thinking I’d be sneaky tried to copy those across into the folders on my uncorrupted install. Alas this didn’t work, as the install simply reverted back to the failure of corrupted install (error 1900, I think, will need to check)

However, I still don't understand why I can install this fine on my local xp client, but not on their 2008 server.

Any thoughts? I'd appreciate any feedback people may think of as I’m starting to run out of my own resolutions.

Thanks again,

Dave

Answers

• rdebathrdebath Member Posts: 383
    That sounds like you might need "Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)" to be installed first.

Here:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... layLang=en
  • NaviDevNaviDev Member Posts: 365
    Are you using the Administrator user? I think you should also consider the permissions.
    Navision noob....
  • evildaveevildave Member Posts: 21
    Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the responses, i have tried installing both the x86 and x64 re-distributables for 2008 and 2005. After re-starts none of them have worked.

I have also ensured that my user is a domain admin and i even added it to the local admin permissions group.

Thanks for the feedback, still trying to get this installed but suspect i might need to wait for a response from MS.

Dave
  • FaisalFaisal Member Posts: 12
    Hi Guys

I am also facing the same issue. Though the resolution of it, i found it on the MS website. I installed the patch for x86 and x64 re-distributables for 2008 and 2005. After doing the restart, i got the same message again.

Can anybody come up with the correct resolution of it. I am trying to install Nav 5.01 on Windows server 2008 Enterprise R2.

Thanks for Your help

Regards
    Faisal
    Faisal
    Hi Faisal,

This issue is now resolved for us personally, however, im not sure i want to change the topic to [Solved] etc because i dont know if this is going to work for everyone.

It was a frustrating fix and i finally managed to get it working after having ONLY the 2005 redists installed, x64 and x86. I had to remove the 2008 ones(even though mine was a 2008 server too).

I would recommend removing both 2008 and 2005, restarting, installing 2005 redists, restarting, Go.

The restarts while normally one of those 'BAH! i know windows doesnt always need to restart!' do seem to be required during this fix so check that you do.

Hopefully it works for you too friend.

Dave

(P.S - if any one feels this topic should be [SOLVED] then let me know and ill change it, but i wasnt sure if my fix will be the same for everyone)
    Hi Dave

Let me first of all say thank you for your speedy and the solution. Finally it worked for me as well. So thanks a lot :) .

I dont know whether i will have problem in client installation on windows vista business and windows 7 later on. That I will see later.

Kind Regards
    Faisal
    Faisal
    No Problem, glad the fix worked for you too.

Since this has worked for some one other then just myself ill update the subject to [SOLVED].

Dave

(Admins/Mods - Apologies if this isnt the correct process and feel free to change back if required :) )
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    evildave wrote:
    (P.S - if any one feels this topic should be [SOLVED] then let me know and ill change it, but i wasnt sure if my fix will be the same for everyone)

I hope you meant "Set the Solved Flag", and did not intend adding the text "[SOLVED]" to the topic title. People should be shot for that. [-X

Anyway, IMHO, you posted a question, needing a solution to your problem and that issue is (for you) resolved, so the issue should be marked as resolved, since it is.
    David Singleton
    I hope you meant "Set the Solved Flag", and did not intend adding the text "[SOLVED]" to the topic title. People should be shot for that. [-X

Sorry i did change it to that, however i have now altered it back and set the flag as requested. Sorry for the trouble :)

Dave
    There is another thread meant for same problem that was raised an year back should be marked as solved as well.
    Faisal
  • pgreeffpgreeff Member Posts: 1
    evildave wrote:

I would recommend removing both 2008 and 2005, restarting, installing 2005 redists, restarting, Go.

Perfect - that worked for me, first time. Using the application compatibility troubleshooter in Server 2008 R2 gave exactly the same advice, on this page: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/953610.

Thanks to all who commented.