C/SIDE source code for F3 Functionality

sakameeransakameeran Member Posts: 52
Hi, Do u have any Idea abt How to write C/SIDE code on push event of button to clear the form controls in NAV (like function key F3 is doing)? Please reply me on sakameeran@gmail.com. Thanks in Advance

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    If your controls are bound to a record then Clear the record variable.
    sakameeran wrote:
    .Please reply me on sakameeran@gmail.com. Thanks in Advance

Isn't this a good place to reply? :-k
  • sakameeransakameeran Member Posts: 52
    kapamarou wrote:
    If your controls are bound to a record then Clear the record variable.

Could you plz give me C/SIDE source for that
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    CLEAR(Rec);

Then you would have to follow the rest of the logic like no. series, insert etc...
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    In a bound form you don't need to write any code. Simply hitting F3 will create a new record with all its initial values entered for you. There is no secret C/AL code in the background.

If they MUST click a button, they can click the 'New' button that is always on the toolbar. No development, no code, it's there and it always works the same.
  • sakameeransakameeran Member Posts: 52
    DenSter wrote:
    In a bound form you don't need to write any code. Simply hitting F3 will create a new record with all its initial values entered for you. There is no secret C/AL code in the background.

If they MUST click a button, they can click the 'New' button that is always on the toolbar. No development, no code, it's there and it always works the same.

Thanks Denster! In NAV the default thing is, If we entered one field, for ex name as 'AAA' and closed that window. If we opening the same window again there will data showing with name 'AAA'. But i want when opening the form, all the controls to be clear. Just like F3 functionality while opening the form (Not pressing F3). That is wt i decided that, while closing the window we can call (or write source of F3 functionality). So, Is it possible to write code for F3 Functionality, while clicking the button.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You SOOO don't want to do that in my opinion.

Everytime you open that form a new record will be created if you want to or not.

Not a good plan. This has been previously discussed a few times now and the common consensus is that it is more of a training problem than anything else.
    http://mibuso.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=17999
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    [Topic moved from 'NAV 2009' forum to 'NAV/Navision' forum]
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    When you open a form you are expecting to see data. That's the main purpose of a form, to display data. Why would you want it any other way? Definitely sounds like a training issue.