killing idle session

AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
Hello all,

I'm searching about killing idle session in Navision for a few days. But, still didn't find the right solution.
Could somebody please tell how to do this.

In my case I don't want to buy any tool for doing this.

NAV 5.0 and sql server 2005 running on windows server 2003.

Any ideas appreciated,
Amaraa

Answers

• koubekkoubek Member Posts: 84
    I am not sure what You exactly mean... If You want kill the idle session, You can do it manually (go to menu File->Database->Information; switch to Sessions tab and drill down Current Sessions field; now You can see all sessions connected to DB; You can find idle session according to value of field Idle Time; then You can use F4 to delete this session manually) or You can create (or maybe download) the tool to doing it automatically.

If You want to use the second choice, You can start for example here
  • AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    koubek wrote:
    If You want to use the second choice, You can start for example here
    yes, I would like to kill idle session automatically after some period of time.

and I have tried this scripts. but it doesn't kill the session.
    I have executed the jobs in msdb and the sp is on master.
    the job works perfect but doesn't kill the session???

if there is something I did wrong then please guide me
  • koubekkoubek Member Posts: 84
    Depending on Your client version You have to change any parameters... Sessions are registred with Program Name "Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision client" up to version 4. There is session name "Microsoft Dynamics NAV client" for any newer version. Maybe this can be the problem. Check the script and change sessions` filter parametrs...
  • AmaraaAmaraa Member Posts: 153
    koubek wrote:
    Depending on Your client version You have to change any parameters... Sessions are registred with Program Name "Microsoft Business Solutions-Navision client" up to version 4. There is session name "Microsoft Dynamics NAV client" for any newer version. Maybe this can be the problem. Check the script and change sessions` filter parametrs...

you were right on this, and I needed to enable the xp_cmdshell.
    and everything went fine.

Thanks a lot