Posting Error

prashantiprashanti Member Posts: 96
Hi Experts!

In this am trying to post the invoice though journal line for the vendor and the expenses. In this transaction service tax is required. Service tax is getting calculated but when i try to post it m getting the error. Please find attached my screenshot of the same.

Regards

Prashanti

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    edited 2009-12-14
    I do agree not every "error" message is 100% helpful, but this message tells you exactly what you need to do.
  • prashantiprashanti Member Posts: 96
    Hi !!

Regarding the error message its very clear that please setup the account for receivable interim. But I have already have setup the receivable account, when i try to post it giving me these error message. what might be the problem?

Regards,
    Prashanti
    you sure you went to the tax setup code -> ST and have a # in the ar interimm column?
    why is it asking about 2/1/2009? is that the new entry date?
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    prashanti wrote:
    Hi !!

Regarding the error message its very clear that please setup the account for receivable interim. But I have already have setup the receivable account, when i try to post it giving me these error message. what might be the problem?

Regards,
    Prashanti

Read the message in close detail and follow the instructions exactly.
    David Singleton
    Hi !!

Thanks for your support. But really i have done the setup as it is. Here I am attaching the setup sceenshot for your reference kindly go through the same and let me know where am I missing.

Regards,
    Prashanti
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Just setup the field that is indicated in the error message.
    David Singleton
    I have setup that field from the error message. Still there is the same error.
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Your second screenshot lable does not match the error message, have you shown all columns and actually checked?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
    Hi !!!

Thank U very much. This clue helped me a lot!!

Regards
    Prashanti
    AdamRoue wrote:
    actually checked?

Actually checking is a good clue :mrgreen: