MRP questions in NAV manufacturing

apapapap Member Posts: 67
Hi everyone and excuse me for my ignorance,
we are trying to work with MPS -MRP part of the manufacturing and we have some questions:
1.When MRP is running, the NAV deletes all planning production orders and pruchase orders.Is any way to bypass it without code?
2.What is the purpose of the Planning Flexibility field in the Requisition Line Table?In a try we chose the option None,and the system didn't take in consideration any prod. or purch.orders/
3.In our system the MRP doesn't take in consideration all the demand.What are the date's fields to be completed in order to work with all the demand?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• cernstcernst Member Posts: 280
    Hi,

To understand how MRP/MPS works you should look into some logistics education for example www.apics.org or similar in your country. The way MRP/MPS works is not NAV specific it's according to apics.org.

1. Only prod.orders in status planned is deleted during calculation. All other orders are treated with action messages in the planning worksheet. Purchase orders should not be deleted in this process. To bypass this select status firm planned on the prod.orders.
    2. If you manually choose to increase the quantity suggested or enter an erlier due date and you don't want NAV to suggest reschedule or somthing other action message then you should change planning flexibility to none. One could sa that none means "I've manually changed the line and I don't want NAV to change it back in the next calculation".
    3. Tha MRP calculation is complex and in order to understand the calcultaion you should be able to download the white papers for "Supply planning for NAV" on partnersource. Or if your not a partner ask them to give it to you.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen