Line Color

RS8RS8 Member Posts: 121
Hi all,

I want to display Line items in two different background colours. blue and white as alternative. i used UPDATESELECTED function, the default windows color gets displayed in alternative lines, but when i select all items in line the background colour gets disappeared. how to make it constant. can any one suggest a solution.

Comments

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Try creating a method to set the expected color.
    GetColor()
      IF CurrentColor = Blue THEN
        CurrentColor = White
      ELSE
        CurrentColor = Blue;

CurrentColor is a global that will need to be appropriately initialized. Some test cases you might look out for are if you have an odd number of lines that each line doesn't switch back and forth between colors.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Regarding background - forget it, it is not worth the money. You will have only problem, problems problems... do not do that. Learn users etc..

Question is: What you want to solve by this? WHat is the main cause why customer want this?
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • RS8RS8 Member Posts: 121
    since there are some 50 lines the customer can easily enter values by the difference in color.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Background cannot be easily changed dynamically, but you can e.g. try to set BOLD font... but still, I recommend to not do that, you will have different side-effect whcih will be hard to solve and the solution will be costly. Try to use different way if it is hard for customer to navigate in the table...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.