Balance Account for Recurring Journals

KaetchenKaetchen Member Posts: 106
Hi,

I've setup a recurring jrnl for our monthly bank transactions. But when I try to post it the system displays an error message "Bal. Account No. cannot be specified when using recurring journals in Gen. Journal Line Journal Template Name='RECURRING'....

I wonder whether this is a setup problem or is it in general not possible?

It would be much easier only to enter the Account as you don't have to update the amount for the Balance Account, otherwise we have to create two lines.

Thanks,
Stefanie

Comments

• LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
    Having the same problem and wishing it were an option to specify the balancing account.
  • LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
    Looks like the solution is to use allocations. The allocations window will allow you to specify the balancing account (i.e. allocate the entry to 1 and only 1 G/L account). In Cronus I created a recurring vendor invoice (Account type Vendor, Account No. 20300190) and then gave a 100% allocaiton to a G/L account number. Posted fine.

Seems that the balancing accounts in the allocation window are limited to G/L Account number. You couldn't balance to a bank account if you wanted to. (we have a recurring journal from bank 1 to bank 2. So we could not use the allocations feature. We just need two recurring journal lines each of the same amount.) That would be a nice feature to be able to allocate to other account types besides G/L (if Microsoft is listening. :) )