I have a quantity in my bin, but no corresponding item LE

bspencerbspencer Member Posts: 50
Hello, everyone. I have not seen this issue before. I am after suggestions on how to clean it up using standard Nav. I have a quantity of 16 of an item sitting in the bin content table, but no open corresponding item ledger entries for that item. It is an item with a long history and trying to figure out how this happened is probably not worth it. Fixing it is what I am interested in. Physical inventory is zero for the item. I thought about deleting the record from the Bin Content table directly through an SQL query since the total cost is less than $100, but I am not sure of the ramifications. Is there someway to use standard Nav to fix this?

Comments

• Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Have you check the warehouse entry table? Movements between bins when using directed pick and put away does not affect ILE.
  • klavinklavin Member Posts: 117
    Have you checked if there is a Warehouse Adjustment that needs to be posted to the Item Ledger?

Item Journal > Functions > Calculate Whse. Adjustment...

Filter for that Item No., let it rip. If it brings up the entry in the journal then it was probably a Warehouse Journal Adjustment that the other end was not handled for.

Lavin
    -Lavin
    "Profanity is the one language all programmers know best."
  • bspencerbspencer Member Posts: 50
    thanks for the responses. There are no open adustments sitting out there for it.
    I didn't check the warehouse entry table for a bin to bin move because there is actually no inventory in the system at that location if you look at the item ledger entries. In other words, I've no open item ledger entries at the location code where the Bin exists. It probably did get moved from one bin to another through a movement worksheet at some point, but I would expect to see a corresponding open item ledger entry for the location.
    The only other recollection I have of this happening in my experience using 3.7, 4.0, and even now 5.0 SP 1....

There is an issue where the Quantity and Qty. (Base) in the Warehouse Entry table are posting way off.

I do not know what version you are running...but check out this post:

http://mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=23445

Hope it helps.

Lavin
    -Lavin
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Bin movements are movements WITHIN a location. So no ILE will be generated.

If you move items to another location, irregardless of the bin, ILE will be generated.
    I think what he is saying Alex is that he has 0 Remaining Quantity in the Item Ledger, and the sum of Quantity (Base) in Warehouse Entry is coming up with 16...

There are only two things I have seen consistently that caused these tables to be in discordance:

1. Badly written modifications that adjust the Pick's incorrectly and leaving bad data when the Take/Place post to Warehouse Entry

2. The bug that exists where the calculation is wrong between Quantity and Qty. (Base) from the post I included above.

I really think you may have to compare the sums of inventory month by month to compare ILE and Warehouse Entry and try to see where the problem came from; I can't stand discrepancies, for some reason I do enjoy finding them and resolving them.
    :D

Kevin
    -Lavin
    Klavin, thanks for the clarification, you are correct. I've no open ILE (0) for the quantity sitting in the BIN at the location in question.

I will compare the entries made in the ILE table and Warehouse entry table, look for the quantity versus quanity base issue referred to, and update the thread if I find the solution.

thanks,
    B
    You're welcome...

If the problem is the Quantity thing I mentioned, make sure you take a look at the fix, otherwise this will crop up more and more and becomes the whole one step forward two steps back deal.

EDIT: Been there, done that :D
    -Lavin