Copy Field

idontknowidontknow Member Posts: 66
Hi,

I need to use the "Search Name" field on customer card in customer ledger entry table.

I have done it by just creating a local variable on customer ledger entry form,but i was unable to perform filter on that variable.Inorder to make it happen,it needs to be a field from the table.

So any help?

Comments

• kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    You can add it as a real field or as a flowfield.

Could you tell us what will be the usage so that we can help more?
  • JedrzejTJedrzejT Member Posts: 267
    Hi,

If You want to filter by this field on customer ledger entry then you can't use variable. Use FlowField is not good idea too, because of the slow filtering
    The best in my opinion (but more work) is to add field "Cust. Search name" in CLE table and modify code in [PostCust] function in CU 12 to copy this field from customer table while posting.
  • idontknowidontknow Member Posts: 66
    JedrzejT wrote:
    Hi,

If You want to filter by this field on customer ledger entry then you can't use variable. Use FlowField is not good idea too, because of the slow filtering
    The best in my opinion (but more work) is to add field "Cust. Search name" in CLE table and modify code in [PostCust] function in CU 12 to copy this field from customer table while posting.

Can u tell me how to copy a field?which u hv mentioned?
  • idontknowidontknow Member Posts: 66
    kapamarou wrote:
    You can add it as a real field or as a flowfield.

Could you tell us what will be the usage so that we can help more?

This is used to filter by customer name...so that they can view the particluar entries of corresponding customers.

customer names are there but they are big in size and this search name is a field entered by users who are used to those short cut names and now they want to search with those short cut names
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    So you want to filter the entries.

If you use a flowfield, filtering will be slow.

If you copy the field then you are increasing the size of the table.

Also will you copy the field to the detail ledger entry?

Look at the codeunit mentioned earlier to see how you can add the field.

But I would reconsider this to eliminate all other possibilities...

Maybe another solution to this would be to filter the search name on the customer table, and add those customers' entries in a temporary record variable which would be shown in a form or report.

Have you eliminated all other possibilities?
  • ReinhardReinhard Member Posts: 249
    I say, don't go by search name. Go by Customer No., since this is how the data is related in the first place.
    You can add a flowfield to the customer table, which is related to the Customer Ledger table.
    That way, the user can search the customer card by search name, as they are used to. Then if they drill down on the flow field, the relevant customer ledger entries will open up.