Inventory Profile Line No XXXX doesn't exist error

thakerthaker Member Posts: 10
While running MRP (Regenerative Plan) in NAV 4.0 SP3, it gives the error "Inventory Profile Line # XXXX doesn't exist" error.

I tried to put the debugger on for this error and here is what I found.

It failed for the transfer order in which the "Transfer-from location code" and "Transfer-to location code" are same locations.

None of the Lines in the production order was shipped or received.
As soon as we deleted the Transfer order we were able to plan for that item. I really would like to know the cause for this error. Can anyone shed light on this?

Thanks so much.

Comments

• AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    I cannot tell you the cause or solution, but offer some thought based simply on your post.

the planning engine is simply a large calculator summing supply and demand with order modifiers. Having a transfer order where you are moving it from and to the same warehouse is a contradiction, one I guess the system could not handle. It analyses the supply and demand, a transfer order is both, yours had a net affect of nothing, but when running through the process each side would be seen. This seems justified by you deleting the order and then it working.

I thought you got an error message when trying to define the same warehouse on the to and from, but perhaps I was mistaken, it has been a long time since I really looked at it.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen