Report in Matrix FORM

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear all,

How can I print the Sale Order Test Report/Purchase Order Test Report in the below format ?

kindly reply..
Now or Never

Answers

• matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Why would you want to? What if you have an order with 20 items on it? It won't fit on the page.

Either way you'll have to compile all of the data into temp variables and display it once the report is done processing.
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    matttrax wrote:
    Why would you want to? What if you have an order with 20 items on it? It won't fit on the page.

Either way you'll have to compile all of the data into temp variables and display it once the report is done processing.

It's Customer requirement. :-#

They will run the report with applying filter on "Line No." (If line items are more than 4).
    They want to see 1st 4 line items on thge 1st Page and in 2nd page they want to see next 4 line items and so on...
    Now or Never
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    matttrax wrote:
    you'll have to compile all of the data into temp variables and display it once the report is done processing.

I'd try and talk them out of it, but the same method still applies.
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    I've done similar reports (but not for invoices).

I usually declare an array (the maximum columns that the width can fit) and use an Integer dataitem.

This way it prints 1 to X columns.

Then I loop through the integer dataitem for as many times as needed by using the Columns Per Line value and the total lines.

Pagestoprint := TotalLines MOD ColumnsPerPage;
    IF Pagestoprint = 0 THEN
    Pagestoprint += 1;

Or something similar. I don't have it available right now, but you get the idea.

Read 4 lines.
    Print 1 Page.
    Read next 4 lines.
    Print one page....
    Yes ! kapamarou's thinking is nearly same with my thought.

ARRAY is required here .
    Now or Never
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    navuser1 wrote:

ARRAY is required here .

What version are you on?

If you're on 2009 SP1 check this.

http://blogs.msdn.com/nav-reporting/arc ... 9-sp1.aspx
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    navuser1 wrote:

Are you a developer or a consultant.

if you are a developer, then tell the consultant that this is wrong and to do the job he is paid for analyze the needs and come up with a solid business proposal. If he is not capable of saying no to the client then he should not be in that job.

if you are the consultant, then the above applies to you.

Take a look at this blog.

http://dynamicsuser.net/blogs/singleton/archive/2009/10/30/the-most-powerful-tool-that-a-dynamics-nav-consultant-can-use.aspx
    David Singleton
    kapamarou wrote:
    navuser1 wrote:

ARRAY is required here .

What version are you on?

If you're on 2009 SP1 check this.

http://blogs.msdn.com/nav-reporting/arc ... 9-sp1.aspx

Nav 5.0 sp1
    Now or Never
    Are you a developer or a consultant.

Hi David.

Happy to see your reply. But requirement is not a illogical one. Obviously I have to put some effort to do this as MS developers already done in the RTC to build Matrix Report.

You are right but I'm not wrong.
    Now or Never
    I think you misunderstand my point. YES it may be a valid customer requirement, BUT to imply accept "its a customer requirement" and then start writing code is wrong. ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

If the customer knew what they did and didn't need, then they would not need you. They would do the implementation themselves. Your company is supposed to be a professional consulting organization and your role is to show the customer the best way to run and manage their business with Navision as a tool.

Excuses like "we have a lot of pre-printed paper" or "its what we are used to" are just wrong. If the customer does not want to change and streamline their business then they should have stayed using the old system. My business is about fixing up Navision disasters, and over and over I see the same situation where a disaster was caused because the partner did 100% exactly what the customer asked for.

And this is not the first post of its kind we have seen here, it is a daily recurring issue. Navision is at times getting a bad reputation, and being blamed for issues and problems introduced by the partner not being willing to say no to the customer and show them a better solution.

Step up and make a stand. Say to the consultant "Why are we doing this" "lets try to find a BUSINESS solution rather than a PROGRAMMING solution" do this enough times and you will grow to be an important member of the company and the customers will start to respect you.
    David Singleton
    Greate :thumbsup:

Obviously I will share your valuable comment with my colleague [Functional and Pre/Sales guy]. But Now I have to do it b'cos it's alraedy committed. [-(

So, I'm here to find out the right & easy Solution.
    But I got the right solution from you comment "....lets try to find a BUSINESS solution rather than a PROGRAMMING solution..."
    Now or Never
    navuser1 wrote:
    Greate :thumbsup:

Obviously I will share your valuable comment with my colleague [Functional and Pre/Sales guy]. But Now I have to do it b'cos it's alraedy committed. [-(

So, I'm here to find out the right & easy Solution.
    But I got the right solution from you comment "....lets try to find a BUSINESS solution rather than a PROGRAMMING solution..."

I just hope you really do understand. But please in future never simply say
    navuser1 wrote:
    Open your mouth make sure the customer knows, in writing. That way down the track when people realize that there is a problem they can see that they should have listened to you.

Anyway good luck.
    David Singleton
  • vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    Consider it as a challenge.... ](*,)
    Thanks to all.
    Few months ago I have done this report with your remarkable support & comments. \:D/
    Now or Never